Going to the new Digital Era with Improved Digital Skills
We are a group of scientists from various scientific fields, who in 2020 founded a new Greek Association of Innovation,non-profit, based in Larissa, but with members from many other cities, such as Thessaloniki, Lamia, Volos and Crete. The 31 scientists of the Union intend to promote science, innovation, cooperation, equality, democracy, inclusion, acceptance of diversity, environmental protection and improving the quality of human life. The development of digital skills will provide our members the abilities to achieve the goals of the Scientific Union and to organize courses in the future. In addition, it will give them the opportunity to travel to two foreign countries, to learn about other cultures, to collaborate with other European colleagues and to exchange ideas, views and good practices, creating prospects for future collaborations.
The objectives that our Union wishes to achieve are:
• Benefit its members from digital skills training programs to enhance their ability to include digital technologies in teaching
• to do office work and electronic transactions more ease and efficiency.
• to improve the quality of formal and non-formal adult education in Europe, not only for basic skills, but also other life skills, such as digital.
• to promote the values of inclusion and diversity, encouraging tolerance and democratic participation.
• to support the development of professional networks across Europe by using high quality mobility projects
• to improve their communication skills and use of the English language. • to interact with colleagues of
other nationalities and exchange views, ideas, experiences and good practices.
=> The activities that we will implement are: -Seven (7) participants will go to Ireland and nine (9) participants will go to Iceland to attend courses in order to improve their digital skills. – When we return, we will organize actions to transfer the new knowledge to other members of the association. – We will improve our teaching by integrating new digital tools in the teaching process. – We will develop our digital networking, inclusion and collaboration with people from different cultures and backgrounds, – We will organize dissemination actions and events in our schools for teachers, students and parents.
-We will evaluate the results with questionnaires in the various phases of the program. -We will disseminate the results of the program in many ways, such as by participating in events, updating the website of the Union and social media, and sending announcements to local media, etc.
We expect to:
• improve our digital skills, learn about new digital tools that can be used in the educational process. •
improve the quality of formal, and non-formal adult education in Europe • use of the English language more fluently.
• strengthen the European dimension of teaching and learning.
• promote the values of inclusion, diversity, tolerance and
• develop networks across Europe with the prospect of future cooperation and creation of high
quality mobility plans.
• enhance our self-esteem
• interact with colleagues of other nationalities and exchange ideas and
experiences in order to apply good practices and promote European consciousness.
• Improve our communication skills.